Thursday, July 29, 2010

Photos and Videos Soon To Show on Twitter

I was reading Mashable the other day and one of their articles caught my eye. Photos and Videos Soon To Show on Twitter.  I have always wondered why these features weren't originally implemented into Twitter but after using it I'm not sure that these features are necessary. 


It would be nice to share photos and videos directly into the Live Twitter Stream, however Twitter was not designed that way for a reason. It was meant to be actively updating short messages, and a tool to use in social media to drive to other platforms. Personally, I use Facebook and YouTube for uploading pictures and  video. I would have to get used to posting pictures and videos onto Twitter. Eventually I'm sure I'll have to learn to do this and even like it.


But according to Mashable these features are still in the testing period, and Twitter has recently taken down the Tweet Media Setting (to be able to upload photos and videos). 


Twitter's comment: “We’re constantly exploring features and settings. What you saw was a small test of a potential consumption setting for inline media. We show inline media on our own iPhone and Android apps.” (Compliments of Mashable)


I'm on the fence with this. What do you guys think?? I want to know!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Article. I look forward to hearing more frome you.

    ReplyDelete